Rules For My Daughter
1. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t.
2. Be kind
3. Be tough
4. Try something out of your comfort zone
5. Never miss an opportunity to tell someone how you feel. If you love someone, tell them.
6. Your words carry tremendous weight, choose them wisely.
7. It’s never too late to do the right thing.
8. It’s OK to make mistakes; it’s not OK to make excuses.
9. Never settle for less than you deserve.
10. Karma is real. Don’t be a mean girl.
11. Always stand up to injustice.
12. Never apologize for who you are. You are perfect the way you are.
13. Know the difference between a disagreement and an argument.
14. Eat the cake
15. Don’t take crap from anyone. We teach people how we want to be treated by accepting their behavior.
16. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
17. You’re a woman. You don’t NEED a life partner— but it’s okay to want the right one.
18. Your body, your rules.
19. Never lie to yourself.
20. If you can’t smile with your eyes, don’t smile. Insincerity is nothing to aspire to.
21. Never, ever walk through an alley alone!
22. CAN’T is a cop-out — set your goals high.
23. Ask for what you want. The worst thing they can say is ‘no.’
24. Fall in love with music, memories, literature, food, and travel.
25. Say ‘Please,’ ‘Thank you,’ and ‘I’m sorry’ whenever the situation warrants it.
26. Naps are for grown-ups, too.
27. No matter where you are, you can always come home … ALWAYS!!
28. Be kind; treat others how you would like them to treat you.
29. If in doubt, remember whose daughter you are, and straighten your crown.
30. Every journey begins with a single step. Be courageous enough to take the first step.
31. Don’t underestimate yourself, your capabilities are endless.
32. Ask for help when you need it. You’re an independent woman, not a superhero.
33. Love yourself.
34. Work on being “pretty” on the inside more than the outside.
35. Only invest in people who lift you up.
36. Love yourself first.
37. Be happy and remember your roots, family is EVERYTHING.
38. You are amazing! Don’t let anyone ever make you feel you are not. If someone does….walk away. You deserve better.
39. Be the best mother you can be, your kids are only kids for a few years
40. Request the late check-out, enjoy the destination
41. When entrusted with a secret, keep it
42. If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point
43. Take care of your life partner, cherish them, nurture them and pamper them, never take them for granted
44. Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath
45. Thank a veteran. And then make it up to him or her
46. Never go to bed angry
47. Love your parents and grandparents, they aren’t always going to be there and you don’t get another
48. Write down your dreams
49. Give everyone one chance
50. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it