You have an outstanding payment - SCAM
This is a new spin on a SCAM that was going around a few years ago.
The full text is below.
Unfortunately, there are some bad news for you.
Around several months ago I have obtained access to your devices that you were using to browse internet.
Subsequently, I have proceeded with tracking down internet activities of yours.
Below, is the sequence of past events:
In the past, I have bought access from hackers to numerous email accounts (today, that is a very straightforward task that can be done online).
Clearly, I have effortlessly logged in to email account of yours (email@example.com).
A week after that, I have managed to install Trojan virus to Operating Systems of all your devices that are used for email access.
Actually, that was quite simple (because you were clicking the links in inbox emails).
All smart things are quite straightforward. (>_<)
The software of mine allows me to access to all controllers in your devices, such as video camera, microphone and keyboard.
I have managed to download all your personal data, as well as web browsing history and photos to my servers.
I can access all messengers of yours, as well as emails, social networks, contacts list and even chat history.
My virus unceasingly refreshes its signatures (since it is driver-based), and hereby stays invisible for your antivirus.
So, by now you should already understand the reason why I remained unnoticed until this very moment…
While collecting your information, I have found out that you are also a huge fan of websites for adults.
You truly enjoy checking out porn websites and watching dirty videos, while having a lot of kinky fun.
I have recorded several kinky scenes of yours and montaged some videos, where you reach orgasms while passionately masturbating.
If you still doubt my serious intentions, it only takes couple mouse clicks to share your videos with your friends, relatives and even colleagues.
It is also not a problem for me to allow those vids for access of public as well.
I truly believe, you would not want this to occur, understanding how special are the videos you love watching, (you are clearly aware of that) all that stuff can result in a real disaster for you.
Let’s resolve it like this:
All you need is $1350 USD transfer to my account (bitcoin equivalent based on exchange rate during your transfer), and after the transaction is successful, I will proceed to delete all that kinky stuff without delay.
Afterwards, we can pretend that we have never met before. In addition, I assure you that all the harmful software will be deleted from all your devices. Be sure, I keep my promises.
That is quite a fair deal with a low price, bearing in mind that I have spent a lot of effort to go through your profile and traffic for a long period.
If you are unaware how to buy and send bitcoins – it can be easily fixed by searching all related information online.
Below is bitcoin wallet of mine: (redacted – this asshole doesn’t need any more money)
You are given not more than 48 hours after you have opened this email (2 days to be precise).
Below is the list of actions that you should not attempt doing:
> Do not attempt to reply my email (the email in your inbox was created by me together with return address).
> Do not attempt to call police or any other security services. Moreover, don’t even think to share this with friends of yours. Once I find that out (make no doubt about it, I can do that effortlessly, bearing in mind that I have full control over all your systems) – the video of yours will become available to public immediately.
> Do not attempt to search for me – there is completely no point in that. All cryptocurrency transactions remain anonymous at all times.
> Do not attempt reinstalling the OS on devices of yours or get rid of them. It is meaningless too, because all your videos are already available at remote servers.
Below is the list of things you don’t need to be concerned about:
> That I will not receive the money you transferred.
– Don’t you worry, I can still track it, after the transaction is successfully completed, because I still monitor all your activities (trojan virus of mine includes a remote-control option, just like TeamViewer).
> That I still will make your videos available to public after your money transfer is complete.
– Believe me, it is meaningless for me to keep on making your life complicated. If I indeed wanted to make it happen, it would happen long time ago!
Everything will be carried out based on fairness!
Before I forget…moving forward try not to get involved in this kind of situations anymore!
An advice from me – regularly change all the passwords to your accounts.
Before I go too deep into the email itself, I wanted to point out that at the time I’m writing this post, $1350 USD in BTC is 0.028 Bitcoin. And when I look up the wallet that they provided in the email, it looks like 4 people have fallen for this scam already (the same day it was sent to me) – See below
Alright onto the email itself
Received: from [22.214.171.124]
by mail.redacted.com with esmtp (Exim 4.94.2)
for firstname.lastname@example.org; Fri, 01 Oct 2021 10:59:40 -0400
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 14:58:06 -0100
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0) Gecko/20110812 Thunderbird/6.0
Subject: You have an outstanding payment.
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=WINDOWS-1250; format=flowed
There isn’t anything super exciting in the email headers. And my MailScanner on my server shows that the email was sent from Morocco (126.96.36.199)
What I find so funny about these types of emails, is that they rely on the end-user being just plain gullible and plain old human life.
The most recent numbers I can find are from 2012
- 28,258 users are watching pornography on the internet
- $3,075.64 is being spent on pornography on the internet
- 372 people are typing the word “adult” into a search engine
- 37 pornographic videos are created in the United States
- 2.5 billion emails containing porn are sent or received
- 68 million search queries related to pornography- 25% of total searches- are generated
- 116,000 queries related to child pornography are received.
How Online Pornography Affects Americans
- About 200,000 Americans are classified as “porn addicts.”
- 40 million American people regularly visit porn sites
- 35% of all internet downloads are related to pornography
- 34% of internet users have experienced unwanted exposure to pornographic content through ads, pop-up ads, misdirected links, or emails
- One-third of porn viewers are women
- Enough porn was watched in 2016 on this one website and all the data would fill 194,000,000 USB sticks. If you put the USB sticks end to end, they’d wrap all the way around the moon
- In 2017 alone, Pornhub got 28.5 billion (with a ‘B’) visits. That’s almost 1,000 visits a second, or 78.1 million a day—way more than the population of the entire United Kingdom. That number has since jumped to 33.5 billion site visits in 2018, and 42 billion site visits in 2019
- In 2016, 91,980,225,000 videos were watched on Pornhub. In 2018, that number jumped to more than 109,012,068,000. That’s over 14 videos watched by every person on the entire planet
- Also, more than 5,824,699,200 hours of porn were watched on the site in just 2019. That’s equal to almost 665 centuries of content consumed in 1 year, on just one porn site
Alright back to this email message
My Anti-Malware actually stopped this email (HEUR:Hoax.Script.Scaremail.gen) from coming in and I had to turn off my protection and go to my server and have it resend the email so I can make this post. And for the record, my web camera is covered and has been for good 15-plus years, I never use it.
So hopefully the four that already paid the ransom in BTC will see this and realize that they messed up and not fall for it again.
Update 1: 24 more hours and there are now 5 people that gave money to these ass hats. Total: $6,011.07
Update 2: 48 hours and there are now 11 people that gave money to these dickheads. Total: $13,726.43
Update 3: 60 hours and there are now 12 people that gave money to these dill wads. Total: $14,520.96. I’m in shock that there are 12 people that think this is for real, 12 people who have been masturbating at their computer and also have a webcam that is not covered. I also know that this is one of the thousands of such scams.
Update 4: 72 hours and there are now 16 people that gave money to these fuck wads. Total: $16,670.27
Update 5: 96 hours later and now 17 people have given money to these jerks. Total: $17,609.73
Update 6: A week later, it seems that they abandoned this wallet as it has not grown after day 4.
Update 7: We are two weeks out and I guess I was wrong, there are now 22 people that fell for this scam. Total: $21,199.66
Update 8: Two days later and there are now 23 people who sadly fell for this scam, the total money these asshats have stolen is $22,057.66